International – Networked – Experienced
Oversized and heavy-duty transport in other countries still always pose a particular challenge, even within the European Economic Area. You can hereby rely on Sommer! Our long-standing experience and our network of reliable partner companies ensure that you can be certain that your transport will also reach its destination smoothly abroad.
Our efficient foreign department is available to assist you with regard to all questions about country-specific regulations and customs. We will be pleased to advise you in more detail prepare tailor-made quotations and assume a variety of organisational tasks. If you need country-specific signs or special types of maps, for example, our staff will take care of them in advance of your transport.
Sommer has also established its reputation abroad with reliability, precision and partnership, just like domestically. We are in direct, trustworthy contact with the responsible local authorities and maintain good relations with reliable local partners. In Switzerland, an important transit country, we are also represented by our company Sommer Schwertransportservice GmbH. This creates valuable benefits in the consultation, planning and organisation stages for your transport.
The services at a glance:
- Comprehensive advice and preparation of quotations
- Organisation and procurement of permits, escorts, police and/or police replacement escorts, bridge and route inspections
- Organisation and procurement of country-specific prescribed signs and/or security material
- Organisation of traffic management measures
- Organisation and procurement of all necessary documents
- Organisation and procurement of vehicle registration document translations (e.g. for permits in Spain)
- Organisation and procurement of network cards for Belgium and SÉTRA cards for France (both for permanent licences)
- Registration of vehicles in the Netherlands